The checkout process of eCommerce sites is a common place to find accessibility issues.
- Your cart page might make it impossible to change quantities, size or color via keyboard, meaning people who use accessibility devices may abandon the cart.
- Your payment input fields might be missing labels for screen readers, meaning a screen reader user might not be able to put in their credit card number.
- Your checkout fields may be out of reading order, meaning a keyboard and/or screen reader user wouldn’t be able to navigate fields logically causing some get overlooked completely (especially if some fields come after the submit button).
Get a mini-audit focused only on your checkout process.
This mini-audit includes:
- Adding one item to the cart, ideally a product with attributes and/or variations. This checks screen reader and keyboard navigation for product selection & getting it into the cart.
- Checking the cart page and/or checkout pages for reading order, form labels, keyboard navigation, color contrast and other issues.
- Testing for proper error messages and validation.
- A PDF report of the audit and any accessibility issues that were found.
- A post-audit consult with the accessibility specialist who performed the audit where we can demo any issues found and answer your questions. Bring developers from your team and we can answer technical questions.
Checkout Mini-Audit on one website: $2750